Team Up With Your Industry Partners To Repair And Donate Vehicles
In 2022, the National Auto Body Council Recycled Rides program marked a major milestone — the presentation of our 3,000 vehicle to someone in need. This year marks the 17-year anniversary of the National Auto Body Council Recycled Rides® program which since its inception in 2007, has changed and saved thousands of lives.
Most of us take transportation for granted. But for many people, routine activities such as going to work, taking kids to school, grocery shopping and medical visits are a challenge. A catastrophic illness or unforeseen circumstances can suddenly change lives and without transportation, make it difficult to get back on the road to stability.
Through NABC Recycled Rides®, NABC® members can play an important role to help open doors to better opportunities, employment, enriched quality of life and increased self-esteem.
NABC® members are in a unique position to change and save lives by teaming up with collision industry colleagues to refurbish and donate vehicles to individuals and service organizations in need. This collaboration of businesses representing all facets of the collision industry – insurers, collision repairers, paint suppliers, parts vendors and others – has resulted in more than 3,000 vehicles valued at $42 million donated in local communities across the country. The average value of gifted vehicles is $18,000.
How You Can Make A Difference
In addition to helping make a difference in someone’s life, your company’s participation in NABC Recycled Rides® also provides many other intangible benefits. NABC Recycled Rides® helps build local community goodwill and brand your company in local markets. And within your own company, it creates rewarding experiences, excitement and pride for your team.
How NABC Recycled Rides® Works
- Participation in NABC Recycled Rides® is open to all members and includes:
- Members-only NABC Recycled Rides® kit with step-by-step timeline and instructions on how to plan and implement a successful event
- guidance on how to source vehicles, parts and materials and supporting vendors
- Access to 1-800 Charity Cars, which generously donates their expertise to help NABC® members by coordinating and managing all inspection and preliminary titling information for shops and recipients
- Sample list of national charities eager to participate and help identify worthy recipients
- Sample press kit for local media exposure with templates to personalize included
- Presentation kit (additional $110 + shipping) which includes the large, reusable trademark green NABC Recycled Rides® bow, license plate, key fob, window cling and a congratulations banner
Click below to get started Changing and Saving Lives Every Day in your community.