Car Presentation Set for October 16 at 11 a.m. CT at Gerber Collision & Glass
OKLAHOMA CITY,OK (October 13, 2023) – On October 16, two deserving Oklahoma City area veterans will experience a life-changing event – the presentation of a vehicle to provide them independence and the ability to work – thanks to the National Auto Body Council Recycled Rides® program along with GEICO, which donated the vehicles, and collision repair partners Gerber Collision & Glass Norman, OK and Gerber Collision & Glass OKC.
The presentation will be held at Gerber Collison & Glass located at 7801 S. Shields Blvd., Oklahoma City, OK.
WHO: NABC Recycled Rides® program, along with:
- Keith Egan, National Account Manager, BETAG Innovation
- GEICO which provided the 2018 Chevy Cruze and 2019 Hyundai Kona
- Gerber Collision & Glass Norman, OK and Gerber Collision & Glass OKC whose technicians donated their time and skills to refurbish the vehicles
- Phoenix Recovery Institute who nominated Terrell and Honoring America’s Warriors who nominated Andre
WHAT: NABC®, GEICO and Gerber Collision & Glass will present the cars to deserving veterans:
- Terrell Moody, who will receive a 2018 Chevy Cruze donated by GEICO and refurbished by Gerber Collision & Glass Norman, OK, is a disabled U.S. Navy Veteran facing multiple injuries, and his determination to overcome his challenges and rebuild his life have been nothing short of inspiring. Providing him with a reliable vehicle will be a crucial step toward helping him to achieve his personal and recovery goals. Terrell’s current lack of transportation poses significant obstacles in accessing essential resources and services. With numerous doctors’ appointments and physical therapy sessions each week, he relies on public transportation or others for transportation which has proven to be highly unreliable and limiting. Having a dependable vehicle would grant him the autonomy and freedom to attend appointments on his schedule, fostering a sense of empowerment and control over his health journey. Beyond medical appointments, securing gainful employment is a top priority for Terrell as he seeks to rebuild his life and achieve financial independence.
- Andre Parker, who will receive a 2019 Hyundai Kona donated by GEICO and refurbished by Gerber Collision & Glass OKC, is a combat U.S. Army Veteran. He has worked for the Department of Veterans Affairs for more than 17 years and is currently a volunteer for the American Legion. He is married with four kids. Andre is working on completing service dog training for his dog Kilo. He travels 200 miles round trip a week for service dog training in an unreliable 2006 Acura with 325,000 miles. He does not have the income to replace this vehicle and a reliable vehicle would enable him to continue to work, volunteer, and take care of his family.
NABC Recycled Rides® is a unique program in which businesses representing all facets of the collision repair industry team up to repair and donate vehicles to individuals and families in need of reliable transportation. Since the inception of the NABC Recycled Rides® program in 2007, members of the National Auto Body Council® have donated more than 3,200 vehicles valued at some $46 million.
Additional partners in the NABC Recycled Rides® presentation include Enterprise and 1-800-Charity Cars.
WHERE: Gerber Collision & Glass
7801 S. Shields Blvd.
Oklahoma City, OK 73149
WHEN: Monday, October 16 at 11 a.m. CT
Media Opportunities: Media members will have an opportunity to cover the unveiling of the cars and presentation to the recipients, as well as interview the recipients and representatives from NABC®, the insurance partner and the repair partners.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL AUTO BODY COUNCIL®
The National Auto Body Council® is the premier organization of collision industry partners dedicated to strategic networking opportunities that positively change lives in the communities we serve. The collaborative membership of the National Auto Body Council® has gifted more than 3,200 vehicles, provided extrication opportunities for more than 5,500 First Responders and is helping educate students and adult drivers in communities around the country through NABC Recycled Rides®, NABC First Responder Emergency Extrication (F.R.E.E.™) and the NABC® Drive Out Distraction program. That effort equates to a 4:1 ROI in dollar value delivered from NABC® membership dollars. The National Auto Body Council® is changing the paradigm of how the collision industry works and is viewed. For more information, visit www.NationalautoBodyCouncil.org.