Car Presentation to Recipient Set for August 29 in Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES, CA (August 28, 2023) – On Tuesday, August 29, a deserving Los Angeles area veteran will experience a life-changing event – the presentation of a vehicle to provide her independence and the ability to work thanks to the National Auto Body Council Recycled Rides® program along with car donor Allstate and collision repair partner Waters Auto Body.
The presentation will be held at Hollywood Post 43, American Legion.
WHO: NABC Recycled Rides® program, along with:
- Allstate which provided the vehicle
- Waters Auto Body whose technicians donated their time and skills to refurbish the vehicle
- A deserving veteran selected by the Hollywood Post 43, The American Legion
- The event is sponsored by Allstate Insurance agent Larry A. Goldberg
WHAT: NABC®, Allstate, Waters Auto Body, and Larry Goldberg Insurance will present a vehicle to a deserving veteran:
- Mahogany Zachery, who will receive a 2020 Honda Accord, has been a member of Hollywood Post 43 for six years and has served on several committees and in various volunteer capacities. She recently appealed to the Post due to her extreme need to replace her vehicle. Mahogany needs a replacement vehicle to help her to work and make her routine VA hospital appointments as well as the volunteer at the American Legion Post 43. She is currently an actor who writes, and she is directly affected by the SAG-AFTRA strike as well as the WGA writers’ strike, which has had direct consequences on her income and ability to continue work within her field. She is seeking other work but has to decline offers due to the need for reliable transportation. A replacement vehicle would make, in the candidate’s own words, “an enormous difference in my work life.”
NABC Recycled Rides® is a unique program in which businesses representing all facets of the collision repair industry team up to repair and donate vehicles to individuals and families in need of reliable transportation. Since the inception of the NABC Recycled Rides® program in 2007, members of the National Auto Body Council® have donated more than 3,200 vehicles valued at some $46 million.
Additional partners in the NABC Recycled Rides® presentation include Advanced Remarketing Services and Cars for Charity.
WHERE: Hollywood Post 43,
The American Legion
2035 North Highland Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90068
WHEN: Tuesday, August 29, at 10 a.m. PT
Media Opportunities: Media members will have an opportunity to cover the unveiling of the car and presentation to the recipient, as well as interview the recipient and representatives from NABC®, the insurance partner and the repair partner.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL AUTO BODY COUNCIL®
The National Auto Body Council® is the premier organization of collision industry partners dedicated to strategic networking opportunities that positively change lives in the communities we serve. The collaborative membership of the National Auto Body Council® has gifted more than 3,200 vehicles, provided extrication opportunities for more than 5,500 First Responders and is helping educate students and adult drivers in communities around the country through NABC Recycled Rides®, NABC First Responder Emergency Extrication (F.R.E.E.™) and the NABC® Drive Out Distraction program. That effort equates to a 4:1 ROI in dollar value delivered from NABC® membership dollars. The National Auto Body Council® is changing the paradigm of how the collision industry works and is viewed. For more information, visit www.NationalautoBodyCouncil.org.